Monday, December 12, 2011
Friday, December 2, 2011
Saturday, November 26, 2011
ARTcycle Spring Ride Cancelled
BoM Forecast for today
Sydney areaCloudy morning with areas of rain and possible thunder, clearing to a mostly sunny afternoon. Winds north to northeasterly averaging up to 35 km/h tending north to northwesterly up to 25 km/h during the afternoon, stronger near the coast.
If you can, get along to ATVP this afternoon when the weather clears. INDEX will be having a garage sale, so if you need a new garage they will be walking out the door.
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
We'd be happy to support your ARTcycle project - it certainly ties in with Rider Spoke and our interest in cycles as a platform for art and performance.
I look forward to hearing back from you and best of luck with ARTcycle.
all the best
Monday, November 21, 2011
Monday, October 10, 2011
Friday, October 7, 2011
Sydney is enjoying a bike riding renaissance and to celebrate we're throwing a week long fiesta dedicated to the humble bike!
For one jam-packed week from Saturday 8 October to Sunday 16 October, Sydney will vibrate to the sound of pedal-powered fun – in fact; there are so many bike-themed events they literally spill over each side of Festival week.
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Set over two days this tour will introduce riders to the little known and not often explored paths around Sydney that constitute The Sydney Green Ring as well as some of the most frequently used paths in Sydney.
Google Maps: http://thegamutsydney.blogspot.com/p/sydney-green-ring.html
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Second day of the tour was unfortunately rained out. Craig and Gilbert did the right thing and waited for riders at Wolli Creek. Some had already called and cancelled. We can reschedule for another day.
- Over 3500 signatures have been collected for the petition (over 400 signed
in one day at the Addison Rd markets)
- 20 schools have been contacted to be involved in the campaign
- ABC 702 has interviewed Friends spokesperson Jud Agius on Simon Marnies program and Marrickville Mayor Fiona Byrne on Adam Spencers program
- Articles about the GreenWay have appeared in the Sydney Morning Herald, the Inner West Courier and the Cooks River Valley Times
- Hundreds of cyclists attended the ArtCycle I (Heart) the GreenWay ride on 28 August
- The Inner West Mayors (Leichhardt, Marrickville, Ashfield and Canterbury) have issued a press release condemning the decision
- Marrickville Council has agreed to provide $3000 cash for the campaign and Ashfield Council will provide $3000 in kind
- On October 11 Minister Berejiklian has agreed to meet with a delegation from the councils about the GreenWay.
- 10,000 Save the GreenWay flyers have been printed and will be letterboxed through the GreenWay catchment. 1,000 A4 posters are being distributed to be displayed in local shops and businesses
- The GreenWay Festival will be held from 23-29 October, including a rally event on 29 October
- Friends will be having a stall at the Marrickville Festival on 23 October
- If you haven't done so already, go to our website and send a letter or e-mail to the Minister or the Premier. Better still, write your own letter and send it off
- Keep collecting signatures for the petition. 10,000 signatures will force a debate on the issue in Parliament
- Attend the GreenWay Festival to show your support for the Greenway. Encourage your friends to go as well
- Like our Facebook site, keep up to date with what's happening on our website
- Volunteer to help. We need help for the stall at Marrickville Festival on 23 October, the GreenWay Rally on 29 October and letterboxing the Save the GreenWay flyers over the next two weeks. Reply to this e-mail if you would like to help.
Friends of the Greenway Committee
Friday, September 16, 2011
Google Maps: http://thegamutsydney.blogspot.com/p/sydney-green-ring.html
Monday, August 29, 2011
Sunday 09 October 2011
When you’ve finished cycling, you’ll get to learn an age-old skill – crochet – and discovering how it can be used in innovative ways for your everyday life.
CultureCycle will have you pedalling, creating and exchanging tips and tricks both on and off the bike.
10.30am – Cycle to Powerhouse Museum (2.2km) LACE exhibition (lunch not included in price) Powerhouse Museum at 600 Harris Street, Haymarket
12.30pm – Cycle to Australian Museum (1km) at 6 College Street, Sydney
1.15pm – Crochet workshop
3.00pm – Cycle back to Deus Cycleworks.
3.30pm – FINISH
The tour is hosted by ArtCycle Sydney and supported by:
BikeTank 'Green Ring' from u.lab on Vimeo.
7.50am for 8am start.
Finishes 9am, welcome to stay longer.
Guest Thinker: Sebastien Eckersley-Maslin
@u.lab, 50 Kensington St, Chippendale
Enter off Outram St.
The Challenge is on. Get your workmates on a bike and win!
The City of Sydney is proudly launching a new initiative to get more people in Sydney riding. It’s called the Sydney Rides Challenge and it’s a fun workplace competition to see which Sydney business or organisation can get the greatest percentage of their staff to ride a bike! It all happens 26 September - 16 October, as part of the Sydney Rides Festival.
To take part, participants need to ride a bike for just 10 minutes or more at anytime, anywhere across the three weeks of the Challenge – it’s that easy. Every new bike rider (plus the person who encourages them to sign up) will receive free Greater Union movie tickets. There are also stacks of great giveaways up for grabs - including bikes, riding gear, iPads and more – plus group prizes and a public awards ceremony to commend the organisations which get the most staff to dust off their old two-wheeler. It’s totally free to take part, and our lunchtime “Try-a-Bike” sessions mean you don’t even need to have your own bike to get involved.
The Challenge is a great way to build a healthy workplace, bring the whole team together for some fun competition and show Sydney that your business is serious about sustainability. Get your workplace on board, win great prizes, feel fantastic and do your bit to make Sydney a more bike-friendly city. Find out more www.sydneyrideschallenge.net
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Sunday 28 August, 1 - 4 pm along the GreenWay.
Meet 12:45 at Wilga Avenue, Dulwich Hill.
Or meet us at 3:30pm at Cadigal Reserve - between Grosvenor Crescent and Parramatta Rd.
All the usual BUG organised ride conditions apply. See PushOn for details.
View GreenWay Day of Action in a larger map
Fiona Byrne (Mayor of Marrickville) talking with Adam Spencer on 702
Jud Agius (Friends of the GreenWay) talking with Simon Marnie on 702
The friends of Greenway have a petition with an aim to get 10,000 signatures so the Greenway will be debated in parliament.
You can download a petition form here
Get some signatures and return it to Carmel Tebbutt , 244 Illawarra Rd, Marrickville 2204.
All signed petitions should be sent to this address by 30th August 2011.
Friday, August 5, 2011
Brunch ride does an Italian job
21 August at 08:30
Location: The Hub, Newtown
Brunch Out on Facebook
Fan BIKESydney on Facebook
Monday, July 25, 2011
Friday, July 22, 2011
Cycling, design and crochet all come together at this CultureCycle Tour. It lets you view Sydney by bicycle while experiencing cultural attractions and taking part in design events. When you’ve finished cycling, you’ll be learning an age-old skill – crochet – and discovering how it can be used in innovative ways for your everyday life. CultureCycle will have you pedalling, creating and exchanging tips and tricks both on and off the bike.Book through Sydney Design website at: http://www.sydneydesign.com.au/2011/talks/culturecycle-tour-where-cycling-meets-design-culture
8.30am: Meet at Remy and Lee’s 547 Bourke St reet, Surry Hills (coffee before we start off)
9.00am Cycle to CarriageWorks, Everleigh (5km)
10.30am Cycle to Powerhouse Museum (2.2km) LACE exhibition (lunch not included in price) Powerhouse Museum 600 Harris Street , Haymarket
12.30pm Cycle to Australian Museum (1km) 6 College Street Sydney
1.15pm *Crochet workshop *
3.30pm Cycle back to Remy and Lee’s
Sydney Design events will be filmed by Powerhouse Museum staff and the content will be used by the Museum for promotion and this includes uploading into Powerhouse Museum accounts across a variety of third party platforms. If you do not wish to be filmed please inform the photographer/videographer at the time of the event.