Fred Sandback at Jensen Gallery. Photo: Bob Newman.
- provide a platform to examine the intersection of art, industry and environment via human powered, zero emission vehicles;
- seek to foster agency and enhance the personal wellbeing of members; and
- promote the harmonious, sustainable integration with the built and natural environment.
ARTcycle endorses the Objects in Rule 1 of the Rules of Bicycle NSW:
- to conserve and protect the natural environment through the promotion of cycling as an environmentally beneficial means of transport;
- to promote the use of the Bicycle as a key element of ecologically sustainable development practices;
- to promote Bicycle transport as a means of reducing greenhouse gas emissions, improving air and water quality, reducing non-renewable energy consumption and improving land use;
- to promote the use of the Bicycle as a healthy, environmentally sustainable means of recreation and tourism and enhancing accessibility and personal mobility in the community;
- to promote education of cyclists and other road users in the interest of road safety;
- to advocate enforcement of the rights and obligations of cyclists; and,
- to advocate engineering and equipment appropriate for the use of cyclists.
(from the ARTcycle Incorporated Constitution)
We encourage everyone to become a member of BNSW. Membership form here (pdf, download and return to BNSW). For more information on BNSW membership advantages, http://www.bicyclensw.org.au/content/membership.